Wednesday, June 3, 2009

This is a CD

As stated by Nietzsche, "Without music, life would be a mistake." It was with this in mind that I made a mix CD. Although I’m sure all the songs don’t directly relate to existentialism, they all struck me as being close enough to make the stretch. When I set out to make this CD, I sought out songs that had to do with defining the individual as well as songs that I had a personal connection to. Some songs are about defining yourself and other are about how you interact with the world. Each contributes something to my overall understanding of existentialism and hopefully to yours as well. These songs vary greatly in style (from rap to classic rock to pop) but they each struck me as having to do with how one defines themselves within the world and how they use that definition to live their life.

Life’s A Song by Patrick Park
Come As You Are by Nirvana
I Am The Walrus by The Beatles
Blowin’ In the Wind by Bob Dylan
Sugar, We’re Going Down by Fall Out Boy
Two-Headed Boy by Neutral Milk Hotel
I’m Me by Lil Wayne
Soul Meets Body by Death Cab For Cutie
Handlebars by Flobots
Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin
Float On by Modest Mouse
Dream On by Aerosmith
The World At Large by Modest Mouse
American Pie by Don McLean

In case you were confused, this is not really a CD

No comments:

Post a Comment